Cole's Stitching

Welcome to my Stitching Blog! Here I will share my stitching adventures with those that wish to try to following my babbling.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Its gotta get better

I feel like the local drama queen lately. We are just on a bad luck roll and I'm hoping that it gets better soon. Lets start at the beginning of the week...

I stitched happily along on my Tease Monday night, happy as a clam.

Tuesday comes along and I got great news from the insurance company. The inspector came out and looked at the house on Monday and put the claim in for $6000, which will fix the house with a little bit left over if we watch what we spend. I was THRILLED! Then I started stitching on Tease again and decided I just wasn't happy with the way my stitching is on 22ct. So decided that I was going to restart. No big deal, didn't have too much done.

Now for Wednesday, the big blow up. I had a terrible, terrible day at work, just left completely drained. I stopped on the way home to pick up the flossies for Queenies bday gift (thank goodness they had them all), and toddled home. Got home and did my chores, was actually quite pleased with myself and then DH came home. Well the goober decided to go in the backyard and try and stand up the fence enough to let the dogs out. I had no idea what he was doing. I go out to let the dogs back in and hes waving at me from behind the fence all the way in the back. So I go trudging back there and he tells me he hurt his leg. Hurt his leg? He couldn't walk on it! So we spent the night in the ER, diagnosis...ruptered left calf and instructions to see the ortho on Thursday.

So Thursday, I head on off to work after very little sleep and DH calls in to work. He goes to the ortho Thurs afternoon and they tell him its his Achilles, he has to go for an MRI. So now he is in that big black boot thing to keep everything immobile. Now its either good news or bad news, we'll find out on Tuesday when he goes back to the dr for the results. If its just a tear of his achilles, he'll be out of work for a few weeks. If its ruptured, he will be out for months and months and months. Now, we have enough in savings to handle a few weeks, but months and months and months will be very very very hard on us. So if you've made it this far, please cross your fingers for us.

So DH went for the MRI on Friday, but we don't know anymore. Like I said, we'll find out when he goes back to the ortho on Tuesday.

So, that was my week. The only big bright spot in it was the release of Autumn on Thursday night. After the fiasco with Tease and the fabby, I decided to start Autumn immediately and restart Tease next up in the rotation. Its all gridded and kitted and ready to go.

I decided that I needed a stitching weekend and have decided I will do nothing this weekend except stitch. No work, no cleaning no gardening no nothing. I am only going to do the necessary things to survive...laundry, cooking and such.

And on Monday I get to go for oral surgery. So it will be interesting to have him in that big black boot hobbling around and me in pain after surgery. Wish me luck.

Thanks for listening to me sook. I promise it will get better soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger fudgey said...

{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

i need to go away and think about all this... you poor poor baby... give hubby a hug from me sounds like he needs it....

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home